Monday, December 27, 2010

Green Bean Casserole


Green bean casserole is not my favorite thing on earth, but it has been a part of my family's Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners for longer than I've been alive, so I dutifully eat a tablespoon or so a couple of times a year.  I know that's not a glowing endorsement, but a lot of people love it.  If you dig green beans, give it a shot.

Ingredients:

2 cans green beans, drained
1 can cream of mushroom soup
3/4 can milk
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 can French fried onions
salt and pepper to taste

In a mixing bowl, combine the green beans, soup, milk, Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 can French fried onions, salt, and pepper.  Pour mixture into greased 9"x9" baking pan.  Top with remaining fried onions.  Bake in 350-degree oven for 30-40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment