Friday, January 28, 2011

Spinach and Bacon Quiche

 
I don't care what diet I'm on, I will always eat quiche.  And like so many other recipes I've shared, I think Mom's is the best.  We just made it for the first time since I moved home and it lived up to all the hype I'd created for it in my head.  I've happily eaten it for breakfast and lunch the past three days.  It's also much less difficult to make than I thought it would be.  For some reason I thought it was one of those complicated precision dishes.  It's not.  Any cooking rookie can pull it off.  Here's the recipe.

Ingredients:

1 pie crust
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons flour
10 oz. frozen chopped spinach
1 cup milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3 slices bacon, crumbled
1/2 teaspoon salt
pepper to taste

Combine the cheese and flour in a medium bowl.  Add the spinach, milk, eggs, bacon, and spices.  Pour into the pie crust.  Bake in a 350-degree oven until set, or about an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment