Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Fudgy Brownies

A friend made a special request for a brownie recipe, so I don't have a picture of these at the moment.  This is my grandmother's brownie recipe.  It's the brownie recipe that I grew up eating and I still make it any time I think I need a brownie.  It's fudgy, chocolatey, and just incredible.  Enjoy!

Ingredients:

1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
6 tablespoons cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans

Begin by melting the butter.  Set aside.  Lightly beat the eggs and add the sugar and other sifted dry ingredients.  Add the butter, vanilla, and nuts.  Combine thoroughly and bake in a greased 8"x8" baking pan in a 325-degree oven for 20-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment