Saturday, February 19, 2011

Pork Chops and Rice

Pork chops and rice is a dish my mom has been making since I was a tiny little kid.  Dad and my brother loved it because it's stick-to-your-ribs man food.  I hated it and gave Mom all kinds of grief every time we had it for dinner, flat refusing to eat anything.  Eventually I agreed to eat the rice.  I later agreed to eat the pork chop, but only with a heaping helping of ketchup.  Now I love it so much that I almost requested it for my birthday dinner.  It may sound bland, but, trust me, if you like pork, you'll love it.

Ingredients:

6 bone-in pork chops
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 soup can of minute rice
1 soup can of water
2 tablespoons flour
vegetable oil (enough to coat the bottom of a skillet)
salt and pepper to taste

Begin by dusting each of the pork chops with a small amount of flour.  Brown them in the heated oil.

Combine water and soup.  Pour the mixture in a 13"x9" baking dish.  Add the rice.  Salt and pepper the rice.  Place the browned pork chops on top of the rice.  Bake at 375 degrees for 35-45 minutes, depending on the thickness of the pork chops.

No comments:

Post a Comment